Monday, May 05, 2014

OOTD & Derby Weekend

The first Saturday in May holds a very special place in all Kentuckians hearts, it's known as the Kentucky Derby; "The most exciting two minutes in sports!" Held annually in Louisville, men and women, even celebrities travel across the globe to help celebrate this time honored, Kentucky tradition to "Run for the Roses". Many women dress in stunning, summery dresses and accessorize with over the top, glamorous hats. Here are some examples of this years looks.


While everyone in my great state of Kentucky was betting for their horse to win, I was happy to be apart of a lovely family wedding at Highbridge Pavilion.

It was a great day for a wedding, warm weather and no rain! No one could have planned better. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the happy couple, because I running around helping with everything, but I did manage to snag a couple. My husband was the best man, he looked very handsome in his tux (he always does!) I wore a simple fitted,  KY blue, bold printed dress and paired it with a blue stretch belt with gold hard wear. Added black heels and wristlet, I also wore gold jewelry to match the buttons and belt. No derby hat for this gal today, even though I think they are fabulous! 
Nathan, Granny & myself
My husband & his Granny
(They don't like taking pictures)
My husbands Cousin,
Sarah M. 
Me on the overlook at the bridge 


How did you spend Derby weekend? Watching the big race, did you win big? Or did you spend time with your family like me? As always, look and feel your best; whatever you choose to wear, feel confident in it and smile, after all it is your best accessory! 

Kisses,
The Little Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment