Friday, April 24, 2015

Foodie Friday








Welcome to a new weekly segment, called Foodie Friday. I will try and post a new receipt or food love every Friday that I've tried out myself and tell you guys my thoughts.
________________________________________________________________________________
This week I decided to try out a receipt I saw on the Rachael Ray Show.
"No Measure" Lemon Glaze Cake
Ingredients:
1 7-ounce container of plain Greek yogurt 
1 7-ounce cup full of canola oil 
1 7-ounce cup full of sugar
 2 eggs
Zest of 1 lemon
 2 7-ounce cups full of self-rising flour
A pinch of salt
 For the glaze:
 1 7-ounce cup full of powdered sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
 A handful of poppy seeds 
Whipped cream, for serving


Preheat your oven to 350'F.
Using an electric hand mixer, beat together Greek yogurt, oil, sugar, eggs and lemon zest until well combined. Slowly add in self-rising flour and a pinch of salt. Mix until the batter is lump-free/creamy and starts to form ribbons as its being mixed.
Pour the batter into a non-stick Bundt pan or tall-sided cake pan (make sure to grease up your pan with non-stick cooking spray), bake for 35 minutes. Test the case with a toothpick to ensure that its fully baked. If the toothpick doesn't come out clean, cook the cake for 5 minutes more and check again. Remove cake and let cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice to make the glaze. One cake is cool, brush half of the glaze onto the cake using a pastry brush. Let the glaze sit for 15 minutes and then apply a second coat with the remaining glaze. While he glaze is still wet, sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Slice and serve with whipped cream.

I hope everyone enjoys this weeks recipe. I loved that I could use the 7 ounce yogurt container to add the other ingredients. I love baking, but I hate getting out all my measuring cups. This is perfect for all us lazy bakers out there! I think this will be my go to, guilty free desserts for spring and summer.
Kisses,
The Little Lady

4 comments:

  1. Oh this looks yummy... and don't seem too tough to bake.... might try it! Thanks for sharing!

    Ling Tan
    www.kidsonboard.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the cake looks perfect and yumm! Glad that I found your blog, do check out mine if you get some free time :)

    Love,
    http://greenstoryblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comments ladies! I enjoyed each of your all latest posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy. I'll have to try and make these myself.

    ReplyDelete