Monday, June 30, 2014

Coppertone ClearlySheer Review



Going on vacation to somewhere warm and sunny? Will you be needing a sunscreen while your there? Most likely, you will. If you're going to the beach (like my family this year) or if your going to be anywhere outdoors for several hours, then your going to need a sunscreen. 

An important thing to know about sunscreens, that they are products combining several ingredients that help prevent the suns UV radiations from reaching the skin. Damage to the skin can increase your risk of cancer; sunscreen vary in their ability to protect again UVA and UVB (these are two types of ultraviolet radiation).

What exactly is SPF? Well its Sun Protection Factor, that is the measure of a sunscreens ability to prevent UVB from damaging your skin. Most sunscreens with an SPF of 15 or higher do an excellent job of protecting against UVB.

Wondering why I'm giving you all these facts, well I was recently sent several bottles of a new sunscreen line from Coppertone Clearly Sheer, complimentary along with coupons from BzzAgent to test out and give you guys my thoughts.  I received one large bottle of the 30 SPF, and 3 mini travel sized bottles (1FL OZ) and two of the spray can of the 50 SPF (1.6 OZ) Click here for my original post of when I received them. 

My thoughts:

  • I'm usually not the biggest fan of high count SPF sunscreens mainly because of the smell, but this has a nice beachy scent. You can still smell the SPF a little, but it isn't over whelming like many sunscreens can be. 
  • I love how fast this absorbs into the skin, even the lotion sinks into my skin very quickly and I'm left with a light clean feeling; nothing heavy or greasy.
  • The title "ClearlySheer" kind of gives it away, but this sunscreen is great for all skin types, so it won't clogs the pores or cause break outs! Which is awesome if you like to wear sunscreen underneath your makeup or just for every day use, not just at the pool. 
  • The bottles state that they are water resistant for up to 80 minutes, this is something that I didn't get to test out. I always suggest reapply if you are outdoors every hour, especially if you tend to burn easily. 
Overall, I think this is a great new sunscreen line. I think I'm most excited about the new scent and that they won't clog the pores. I'm not sure what ranges of SPFs are currently available, but I hope they will make a tanning line just like these. I would love to try these out too. 

Where are you guys going this summer? Make sure you pack sunscreen!

Kisses, 
The Little Lady








No comments:

Post a Comment