Friday, June 13, 2014

Double Chocolate (Greek Yogurt) Muffins

Recently, I was lucky enough to score a free 32 oz container of Chobani Greek Yogurt. How you might ask? Well I belong to a wonderful website called BzzAgent; basically you take surveys and based on the responses you give you get matched up to receive free products to try out and review. Its super fun and I have been very luck enough to get some pretty awesome stuff!


Anyway, I'm not much of a yogurt eater and I didn't want this huge tub of Chobani to go to waste, so I was looking on Pinterest and I found some interesting recipes using Greek yogurt. My favorite one I found was Double Chocolate Greek Yogurt Muffins. I have to admit they were delicious and a much healthy option to a dessert. A must try for anyone with a sweet tooth or just looking to try something new!



Ingredients


  • 2 Cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 Cup sugar
  • 1/2 Cup unsweetened coco powder
  • 1 Teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 Egg
  • 6 oz of Greek yogurt (I used Chobani 0% Plain) 
  • 1/2 Cup of milk
  • 1/2 unsweetened applesauce 
  • 1 Teaspoon vanilla
Directions

Preheat oven to 400 Degrees

Grease up a muffin tin and set aside for later. 

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, coca powder and baking soda. Mix in the chocolate chips and set aside. 

In a medium-sized bowl, mix together egg, Greek yogurt, milk applesauce and vanilla. Slowly transfer this mixture into the large bowl with the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until just combined. Do not over-mix, the batter will start to become very thick. 

Portion out the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Bake in the oven for 20 mins. (To make sure they are done, insert a toothpick in the center and when it comes out clean, they are done!)



I even got my husband to try these and he loved them! Who would have thought you can enjoy a desert made from yogurt and applesauce? Please let me know if you try out this recipe or if you have some healthy dessert recipes of your own!

Kisses, 
The Little Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment