Thursday, April 14, 2016

2016 Thrifting Challenge


I'm a lover of thrifting, finding unloved, unwanted treasures to add to my closet. The word has been spreading around the thrifting community to complete a 2016 thrifting challenge. What is this you might ask? Well, its a promise to only purchase second hand clothing for the entire year. Seeing as we're already well into 2016, I'm a little behind. But who can blame me, I just had a baby in February and have been in the mom zone ever since. Now that my maternity leave is coming to an end, I have to get back into the real world.
Going back to work still carrying some baby weight has limited my wardrobe and now being a mother, I'm even more cash savvy then I was before. So I decided to dive into the thrifting challenge and find some new pieces to welcome to my closet. I was able to sneak out of the house a couple weeks ago and went shopping for the first time since before my sweet Staley was born. 

Here are a few things I snagged at my local Goodwill. 
LOFT Sweaters - Loft Cream Sweater
Liz Claiborne Sweaters - Liz Claiborne Striped SweaterCoach Bags - Vintage Coach Willis Bag 9927
Old Navy Shoes - Snake Print Flats

Both sweaters I found are in excellent condition and will be perfect for spring. I also, was beyond excited to find another Vintage Coach Willis bag. I found one while thrifting about a year ago and decided to recently sell it, I may end up hanging on to this one for a while. Before I officially go back to work I'm hitting up Goodwill one last time to see what else I can find. If you're into thrifting as much as I am, try the 2016 thrift challenge. You'll be amazed at what you can find and the money you will save!

Also, I really hope I can get back into the swing of blogging. I really enjoyed it before, but with my pregnancy and becoming a first time mother, it has been the last thing on my mind. I promise to not stay away too long this time! 

Happy Thrifting Friends!
The Little Lady (now the little momma LOL)

Follow me!
| Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment